Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.personifisolutions.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
PersonifiSolutions respects your privacy. “Global Straticom, L.L.C. dba PersonifiSolutions” or “The Company”) offer technology consulting and related “Services”). When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information.
- User Accounts & Accessing the Services
- Information that is being collected
- Why the Company collects data
- Sharing your information
- Integration with other third party services
- Controlling your personal information
- How THE COMPANY retains data we collect
- How does THE COMPANY use aggregated information?
- Information security
- Compliance & cooperation with regulators
To use our Services, you must be 16 years of age or older. If you are under 16, you may not download or use the Services.
Privacy Concerns Reports
User Accounts & Accessing the Services
Information that is being collected
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services
THE COMPANY collects information to provide better services to all its users.
Information you create or provide to us:
- Account Information: information required when setting up an account such as your name, email address, photo, etc. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may impair THE COMPANY’s ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. THE COMPANY will explicitly indicate the fields for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to set up an account (and therefore will not be able to use our Services); and/or
- Information that you choose to share with THE COMPANY: information that you choose to share with THE COMPANY, including a name, email address, address, phone number, photo, and any billing information added to your Account.
Information we collect as you use our services
We collect information about your activity in the Services, which we use to provide you with the Services of THE COMPANY, including features which are meant to personalize your experience. The activity information we collect may include:
- Detailed location information. Location information is collected for example in the form of time-stamp and other information sent by your mobile device or browser. This location information is saved to your account. The types of location data we collect depends in part on your device and account settings.
Why THE COMPANY collects data
THE COMPANY may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
Provide our services
We use your information to deliver our services.
Maintain & improve our services
Communicate with you
- We may also use your information to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
- We may also use your information to conduct surveys and questionnaires; concerning THE COMPANY we may keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- Subject to your prior indication of consent (to the extent required under applicable law), we may also use the email address that you provided to send you promotional and/or marketing materials. At any time, you may choose not to receive such materials by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the email messages that we may send to you. In any case, THE COMPANY will not share your contact details with any advertiser, unless explicitly permitted or required by law.
To protect THE COMPANY, our users, the public and for Legal reasons
We may also use and process your information and content, using different technologies to the following purposes:
- To contact you when THE COMPANY believes it to be necessary;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when THE COMPANY has a good faith belief that THE COMPANY’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
- To detect abuse and illegal activity; to detect and prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services. However, THE COMPANY denies any duty to perform such tasks;
- To handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- To take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Services, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- To help improve the safety and reliability of our Services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to security risks, and technical issues that could harm THE COMPANY, our users, or the public;
- To create aggregated and/or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user). See “How does THE COMPANY use aggregated information”, below;
Sharing your information
Personal information that you share
You can decide whether or not to upload content to the Services. However, any content that you choose to share and submit for posting is neither private nor confidential and you should expect that it may be made public and known to others according to the terms of setforth.
We, at THE COMPANY, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Services. However, THE COMPANY has no control over the conduct of any third-party hosting service or like provider and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make available any information.
The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulations or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held or conducted by a user or a third party,
When THE COMPANY shares your information
THE COMPANY does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
THE COMPANY will not share your personal information with others, without your permission, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in THE COMPANY’s good-faith discretion:
- As necessary for the facilitation and operation of the Services. For example, logging the date and time associated with your account and your location;
- If THE COMPANY is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and THE COMPANY, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where THE COMPANY reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of THE COMPANY, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law, including to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- To collect, store, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to THE COMPANY, as reasonable for business purposes, located in the U.S.A.;
- THE COMPANY may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with THE COMPANY, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies;
- Personal information may also be shared with THE COMPANY’s trusted partners and service providers to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. For example, we use service providers to help us with customer services.
Integration with other third-party services
THE COMPANY may offer you the option to link THE COMPANY to third party services that may be useful to you (like, Spotify). Where THE COMPANY detects an integration may be available (either because a third party service attempts to link to THE COMPANY, or THE COMPANY detects an installed service on the device which has an integration option, or you request a particular integration), THE COMPANY will ask for confirmation to connect the accounts. If you choose to connect the accounts, THE COMPANY will ask for your permission to share data with the third party service. You should only agree to connect accounts if you are comfortable with the third party service receiving the data set out at the time of connecting the accounts and THE COMPANY is not responsible for the third party service’s use of data. You can disconnect THE COMPANY and the third party service at any time and THE COMPANY will cease sharing data with that service from the point of disconnection onwards
How THE COMPANY retains data we collect
How does THE COMPANY use aggregated information?
THE COMPANY may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes (including advertising).
THE COMPANY may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services’ providers, partners and any other third party. For example, metadata information that we receive from your mobile device to determine how often the average application is used.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the Website’s cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
THE COMPANY considers information security to be a top priority. THE COMPANY services are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. THE COMPANY and its Third Party Services providers implement systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risk of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. For example, we review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to THE COMPANY employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
The insights we gain from maintaining our services help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you.
However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although THE COMPANY takes great efforts to protect your personal information, THE COMPANY cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that THE COMPANY’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse including and especially those stored by third-party hosting services.
Compliance & cooperation with regulators
We store data on servers located in the USA and your information is processed on servers located the country where you live.
When we receive formal written complaints, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly.
If the European Union (EU) data protection law applies to the processing of your information, we provide the controls described in this policy so you can exercise your right to request access to, update, remove, delete, and restrict the processing of your information.
We process your information for the purposes described in this policy, based on the following legal grounds:
When we’re pursuing legitimate interests
We process your information for our legitimate interests and those of third parties (such as partners including advertisers, in order to report use statistics) while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for things like:
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our services to meet the needs of our users
- Developing new services and features that are useful for our users
- Understanding how people use our services (including how they interact with our ads) to ensure and improve the performance of our services
- Customizing our services to provide you with a better user experience
- Marketing to inform users about our services
- Providing advertising to make our services freely available for users
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues with our services
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of Waze, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Performing research that improves our services for our users and benefits the public
- Fulfilling obligations to our partners like developers and rights holders
- Enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms of Service
When we’re providing a service
When we’re complying with legal obligations
We’ll process your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we’re responding to legal process.
If you have any questions about Data Protection, please contact the Operator directly and the Operator Administrator will work with THE COMPANY to answer your questions.
Last modified: 03 January 2019